It seems that around the end of my tenure at this job I was able to do some more creative projects. This was one of those where I got to handle a majority of it from start to end. By majority, I mean that I didn't have to answer to many people on this one, and was able to design and develop some stuff without the worry of having to please all the cooks in the kitchen.
This was done for my boss's ex-wife's tanning salon. It was a welcome change of pace from all the dentistry related content. I mean c'mon, what would you rather look at? Peoples mouths, or people in swimsuits?
To start off this redesign. I wanted to come up with the logo first and develop the new site around it. I created a sheet utilizing different fonts with the text that the logo had to contain. I got some opinions about what people liked and cobbled together the logo.
I then created two mock-ups for the homepage of the website. One had a cooler ocean feel and the other had a warmer beach feel.
After I got approval on the homepage I continued mocking up the rest of the site.
This was another WordPress site so I created a custom config menu page, and a custom plugin that'd allow the user to upload and edit an image that could be used for the banner of each page.
For the Custom Banner Images the user first uploads an image.
Once the image is cropped, they can then go to a Page and there's a module on the right side that allows the user to assign a specific image per page. There is a default image that is used for every page if one has not been selected.