1 Result for 'Media Center'
DIY - HTPC
I've been running MVix boxes for a couple years now, and they've handled my basic media needs. About a year ago a friend of mine built a pretty sweet home theater setup and was using XBMC for his UI. Ever since then I slowly became more and more unsatisfied with the UI for the MVix box. So one day I downloaded XBMC (Camelot build), installed it, and started playing around. After getting all me media loaded into the database, customizing the skin, and changing my pants after my nerd-gasm I decided that it was time to figure out how I could utilize this awesome tool.
After some research I found that there was no way to add XBMC to my current MVix box. With that knowledge I began the undertaking of building a HTPC. A couple days later of research and I had decided on the parts that I wanted. I knew I wanted to buy components that'd be somewhat future proof, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so with some comparison shopping, and choosing parts more in the mid-range I came up with these.
- Case - NMediaPC HTPC 1000B RT
- Mobo - ASUS M4A78L-M 760G AM3 RT
- CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 550 AM3 3.1G R
- PSU - Seasonic X650 GOLD 650W R
- GPU - BFG GTX 260 896M
- RAM - Crucial Ballistix 4GB, 2x2GB, DIMM 240-pin, 800 MHz
- HD - 500G WD 7K 16M SATA2 WD5000AAKS
- LCD Panel - NMediaPC PRO-LCD-B
- Remote - AVS Gear MG-IR01BK Windows Vista/Window7 MCE Infrared
1. CPU, 2. Programmable front-panel LCD for the case, 3. RAM, 4. Remote
My name's Trevor Lemon, and this is my blog. I'll try to
update it with whatever I'm working on, random thoughts, links to
shit I think is cool; whatever I deem worthy I suppose.
If you want to keep up with muh craziness bookmark my RSS feed.